Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Got a alert that I have a virus and the computer is locked…

Customer Question
Got a alert that...

Got a alert that I have a virus and the computer is locked out. help

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Lenovo110 on aol

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Aol account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything. It started today

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. That is certainly a fake alert, so please do not follow any instruction in it.

Does the alert still occur when you shut down / restart the computer?

Or does the alert only occur when you open the Internet? etc.?

Is the Internet currently working on your computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this page. Please try the following fix:

1. Close all programs if possible.
  2. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for now.
  3. Shut down your computer.
    ; (Note: If it does not let you shut down your computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then it should power off.)
  4. Turn your computer back on.
  5. Open the Internet program on your computer.
    - It should display connection error or something similar.
  6. Close all the Internet pages / tabs / windows.
  7. Re-connect the power cord(s) to your internet modem / router device(s).
  8. Wait a few minutes.
  9. Open the Internet on your computer, and if prompted to restore, do not restore, but cancel / close it.
  10. Then see if the alert message is gone now.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

The fake alert popup message usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or advertisement, or bad email attachment. My solution above should resolve the issue.

Do you have any further question? And/or is there still any issue with your computer after trying my steps above?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,