Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to set up an account and it would not allow me to use…

Customer Question
I want to set...

I want to set up an account and it would not allow me to use my name. I set up an account with a version of my name that is not preferable. I may have an old account somewhere in the past. Can you check to see if my name is ***** ***** or if it is inactive. My name is***** and i would like***@******.*** or***@******.*** or***@******.***. Please help?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gmail account? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried to set up an account with the last two weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The new account i set up was***@******.***. I do not like this and would prefer one of the three that i mentioned.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/14/2017
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. When you sign up for an account it will tell you if the name you choose is available, did you try the others and were they not available?

I just checked for you and all of the choices you wanted are already taken. Remember Gmail has many millions of users so a lot of names are ***** ***** use. If you are unhappy with the name you have chosen you can create a new account at mail.google.com/mail/signup

As far as the ones you mentioned above though they are in use so you cannot use one of those. Many people choose to just add some numbers to the end for example keithmeades1955 or something like that. Once a gmail address has been created it cannot be used by someone else so unfortunately you will need to either stick with the one you made or create a new one with a name you like better.

If you really want those names you could try creating them with another email service like yahoo.com or outlook.com

If you need more help let me know. If you are finished for now you need to rate my service by clicking 3 or more of the stars above.