Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am not sure. I changed jobs and my recovery email and

Customer Question
I am not sure...

I am not sure. I changed jobs and my recovery email and phone number are no longer the same. HELP

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Was on my tablet and work phone. iPad then but would like to set up on my imac

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It only gives me 3 questions over and over. they can't send to recovery number because it isn't mine anymore or recovery email because it is also not mine anymore. It allowed me to send to my friends # and got verification code but then didn't accept it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Very frustrated. thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Gmail is free for most users. It requires in your agreement to keep current back up in place or it will not allow you to get the account back.

We only have a couple of ways you may succeed in this and it will depend on how you accessed that gmail and if you did it from a personal

computer/device successfully.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

10.12.6

When you try to access your gmail now, do you use safari and did it ever autofill?

Since the google thing appeared when I was trying to set it up on my iMac I have not been able to get in. I was getting from my phone and iPad. it is on my iPad now but not on my phone or iMac. My iMac is new to me as I purchased it over a year ago but am just now using it. I was using Microsoft laptop with my job
When I try to set it up it will fill in my email address for me

Ok, then it isnt stored in that computer yet.

What phone number did you put on that gmail? How 'long' has it not been in use?

I am frustrated. I owe 5 dollars for nothing yet and now you want to sign in on my computer for 39? afraid you are scamming me
Can I just pay the 5 and exit? and call my bank and stop any activity on this card?

You can get a refund here if you prefer.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

That is automated. No one such as an expert is asking this. it is system generated to all customers if they want it, they accept.

if they can do it by written directions, just ignore it.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist