Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Judith is my wife and I was trying to get her email working…

Customer Question
Judith is my wife...

Judith is my wife and I was trying to get her email working on the MacBook she uses when we are in our second (MN) home. (*****@******.***)We are primarily in NYC and haven’t been at this computer in a month.
I think we changed her google password ***** we were in NY, but her written version (10166rbt) must be incorrect. So I tried to create a new account for her but that requires a Google password.I notice that one of her accounts on this machine has Robert Tapp as name but lists her email address. Apparently the verify email for her id is listed as ending in 98 and her iPhone now has a changed number —(###) ###-####
Could you suggest a solution for us?You could mail a 6-digit code to her email is this would allow us to change her password ***** set up a new account.By the way, is her Google password ***** from her Gmail password?HELPRobert Tapp landline(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

We haven't used this computer for a month,. In Oct, her mail was working.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

She uses Mac Mail most of the time. iPhone seldom, no mail there since Oct. (so I assume password ***** updated there)

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Setting up a new account on her MacBook, but it required a Google password. And the iPhone number to Verify was old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/13/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Is this***@******.*** the problem account?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess