bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

CANNOT SET UP MY POP EMAIL ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10. RCN.COM.

Customer Question

CANNOT SET UP MY POP EMAIL ACCOUNT ON WINDOWS 10
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
Customer: RCN.COM
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: TABLET
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WINDOWS
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Is your RCN email currently working on another computer or device?

Is your RCN webmail email currently working at the RCN.com website?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its working on another inaccessible machine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have webmaster with rcn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Webmail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says I need permissions
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

You can access RCN's webmail from https://www.rcn.com/hub/customer-center/webmail/

see if your username and password ***** on it, then we'll configure it on Windows 10.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong! I do not subscribe to webmail. I've already told you that, you're paying attention to that!! Wasting my time.. Bye

Whether you subscribe or not, you're a rcn customer and you should automatically have access to webmail. We're trying to figure out whether your password ***** ***** or not, if it is correct we then proceed to the next step. It would be a pointless excercise to do everything before verifying password, and there is no other way to verify the password ***** you logging into webmail. We are tech's and we do this daily. If only you follow the instructions, you should be able to get somewhere with the issue and get the problem resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a very basic email account at RCN @$3.50 per month that does not include Webmail. I told you this. I DO NOT HAVE A WEB MAIL ACCOUNT. I WILL CALL THEM AND FIGURE IT OUT DIRECTLY. Next time read and react to your potential customer's responses to give a correct solution. BTW My password ***** ***** that's not the problem.... The end.
Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if you know how to add an email account for the Mail app on Windows 10, you may simply follow below configuration to check your mail account settings on W10.http://help.rcn.com/kb/article?articleid=2136If you don't know how to check th settings on W10 or you already got the above configuration, I will give your further instructions. Thanks.