Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Just purchased a new computer and the Geek Squad said they…

Customer Question
Just purchased a new...

Just purchased a new computer and the Geek Squad said they transferred all my data from old to new but not Thunderbird. how can i get this on my new computer? Oh and get the info from the old laptop?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Dell inspirion15 3000 series touch

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

From the old laptop it was an icon at the bottom of my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Went to the file on new laptop that said "old computer" to see if the thunderbird info was listed. It was but when I went to the download, it did not reconnized by email address or password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No that would be perfect if they on get back to my email account.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

If you don't want me to remotely connect, that is okay too. Please, let me know how you wish to continue.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason - thank you but I think I will take this back the Geek Squad since I paid them already. Thank you. Please do not charge by credit card and if it has already please issue a credit.
Thank you,

I will send in your refund request.

Thank you! Have a good afternoon.