Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been at Gmail address for over 10 years. I am now…

Customer Question
I have been at...

I have been at Gmail address***@******.*** for over 10 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

I am now getting email for a Davinder Virk that has nothing to do with me?? What is going on? For last year or more.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no idea what to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am based in Canada in Summer and India in winter.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
11/12/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 5 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.

There are spam email that can come to your account that have nothing to do with you.

Can you please provide more info about issue?

The following email shows the email address of Davinder Virk as***@******.***
This as my email address. How can this be???Welcome to Alibaba.com!Dear Davinder Singh VIRK,Welcome to Alibaba.com! You are now a member of the world's largest online trade platform, and a global leader in B2B e-commerce.To maximize your trade opportunity on Alibaba.com, please confirm the authenticity of your email address.
Click the button below to complete your email address confirmation.
Confirm Email Address
If the button above did not appear, please click on the link below to confirm your email address:
http://accounts.alibaba.com/user/validation/verifying_email.htm?verifyKey=FPPo%2By6VdpNT1zsQkfB5CB1x3ovkIPtw1kiRmNcz%2FIeeQkpftYbC1aRxJxA7dEEQIu90QuQXjMdaN0H%2F9%2B1jtYIAkQh3JXO%2B3nXfFUH9rvw%3D
Your Sign in Details:
Sign in Email:***@******.***
Use this email address when signing into all Alibaba.com services and tools
Need to set a new password? Click here

Did you ever use Alibaba?

Never

It seems like you or someone who used your email address did sign up for it.

If you didn't, do not click on the link, because it will act as a confirmation of your actions to create new account.

Let me know if you have additional questions

Your advice is worse than useless. You have just wasted my time.

I gave you advice exactly to the question you asked. What are your additional concerns?

Obviously the problem is to eliminate the duplicate email address. How old are you?

Duplicate? Not sure what my age has to do with your question. I have 17 years of experience in IT support if you need to know

I see charges on my credit card that I did not authorize. I will start legal proceedings if these are not reversed immediately.

Sure, just check your emails with confirmations of you acceptance first. All prices came up on your screen BEFORE you accepted them.

I gave you answer to your question.

Do you need additional help with the issue or how do you want to proceed?

If you are so experienced, how come you did not recognize the problem?

What do you mean by "did not recognize the problem"

I gave you an answer exactly what happened and what not to do.

It is pretty obvious that the problem is that somebody else has the same email address as I do. Clearly I need to eliminate that.As I said, I only authorised a $5.00 REFUNDABLE charge, I now see a $63+ charge on my card as well. THIS IS UNAUTHORISED.

NO, email address can belong to only one person as long as only one person has password ***** it. if you are concerned about your account - change password.

Kindy reverse the $65+ unauthorized charge. Good bye.

And as I mentioned before - all prices came up BEFORE you accepted them, and you overlooked something - we sent you confirmation in your email. $5 is just a deposit towards full price until I answered your question - now that I answered it - full amount is charged.

If you have additional questions about our billing - please contact customer service

You did not answer my question in a satisfactory manner. This is garbage.
How do I contact your customer service?

Sorry, that you feel that answer wasn't in satisfactory manner.

here is my answer reviewed:

It seems like you or someone who used your email address did sign up for it.If you didn't, do not click on the link, because it will act as a confirmation of your actions to create new account.The email that you received does not mean that there is duplicate email account in Google.If you believe your Google account is compromised - please change your password. Let me know if I missed anything
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist