Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It does nothing when i click on the icon. Gmail. My laptop…

Customer Question
It does nothing when...

It does nothing when i click on the icon

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

My laptop is the problem my phone works fine

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I dont know what to try internet explorer wont open either. im connected and connected to you on my laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/10/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. What icon are you clicking that does not respond and what does that icon do? Is it supposed to open your emails?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

10 Im clicking on the icon that looks like a open envelope. I had no problems until last week

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you able to access your Gmail account using your web browser? Please try using your Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome web browser, then go to www.gmail.com and then SIGN IN to your account. See if you can access your emails that way.