Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

This is the first time I have tried to use lyft. I have the…

Customer Question
This is the first...

This is the first time I have tried to use lyft. I have the app set up on my iphone but how do I get a driver to pick me up and how long do I need to contact them before they will arrive at my home. I need them about 5:00PM today. Thank you for your help.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail Email address is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone or web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't done any trouble shooting. I just need to learn how to contact lyft and get a driver and car to my address.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I may need to change my visa card #

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
11/9/2017
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you are ready for your pick up (I would suggest 15 or so minutes before you would like to be picked up do the following)

Open the Lyft app
Select your ride type
Tap 'Set pickup.' Set your pickup location by dropping a pin on the map or entering in an address or business name.
Tap 'Set destination' to confirm where you’re going. If you want to wait and tell your driver in person, tap 'Skip.' Heads up: For Lyft Line rides, your destination is required prior to requesting a ride.
Tap 'Request Lyft' to request a ride. That’s it!
You can also change your payment method before requesting a ride by tapping the payment method shown on the request screen.

After confirming your pickup and dropoff locations but before selecting 'Request Lyft,' you'll see the default payment method for the ride under the ride type and fare estimate. If you select the default payment method, you'll be able to change or add a payment method.

If you need more help let me know. If you are finished for now you need to rate my service by clicking 3 or more of the stars above.