Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am a retired computer analyst and specialist. That was…

Customer Question
I am a retired computer...
I am a retired computer analyst and specialist. That was many yrs ago. Then I used AOL, which allowed you to have several aliases. Now we have to have a google account. I am an octogenarian Granddaughter helped me to create a email name which is too long for me to type in when I get a cell phone. Can I use my original gmail address to sign in to my gmail account or may I add it to the long gmail account as an alternate sign in?
Can I delete the originally long sign-in and create a new shorter sign-in? I get messages saying my signin belongs to someone else I am that someone else!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/9/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! I would be happy to assist you today with your email question.

Are you available to troubleshoot this now?

It appears you went offline, but if you do decide to work with us, I would be happy to help you setup your new email.

Can I add an additional email to my google account - one that I can use to set up my google account on my cellphone? I understand that my original google account or email cannot be deleted.
I have not received any response from any technician!
It is now 12:32 EST. I am retiring for the night. I still have not received an answer to my question. I will contact you again tomorrow . Goodnight!

Good morning! Sorry I didn't reply to your response sooner! I was asleep at that time. I typically check my messages throughout the day. I'm in the Central time zone so you are one hour ahead of me. To answer your question, we have a few options for you.

If your long email address is not important, we don't have to continue using it. We can sign you up for a new one and it can be shorter. You can give that out to friends and family to use.

If you need to keep the longer one, it is possible to setup multiple email accounts in your phone including Google ones. I have about 3 myself. They allow me to have one for friends and family and one for junk. On your phone, they will download into the same inbox.

Do you want to delete the longer one and start all over? You'd lose any messages in your email in the longer email address.

Do you know what kind of phone you have? That'll help me determine the best way to setup email on your phone.