Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have somehow lost a large collection of my past email

Customer Question
I have somehow lost...

I have somehow lost a large collection of my past email messages and have not been able to retrieve them. It is important that I do so as I am in need of my email messages back as far as possible, through 20012 if possible. I can supply a name for whom I am attempting to retrieve both incoming and sent messages. My computer only will give me messages back from 2017. Is it possible to retrieve these email files?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

Make of my computer is Apple Air. Not sure of operating system but believe it to be the most recent available. Possibly Sierra or newer.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer most often however from time to time my iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Have used search on my computer and my son in law, I believe, has also checked the cloud.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what they need to know. If further info is needed, I can supply as necessary.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/7/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 9 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

My initial request for support was sent to Google support. Are you a Google representative?

No, you have not sent this to Google support. They do not provide support.

We are an IT support paid service.

Do you need asistance?