Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot retrieve my email. The little icon at top left

Customer Question
keeps spinning, but I can’t...
I cannot retrieve my email. The little icon at top left keeps spinning, but I can’t get email!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
Email technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 7 months ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

I am sorry for the issue. Please tell me if retrieving e-mails has suddenly stopped working, or you haven't used used mail on your iPad until now?

Let me know by typing a reply below. I will work with you on this problem until it has been resolved.

Thanks,

I have updated my credit info and my card has already been charged. Please connect remotely and help me.
Mobile cell phone.(###) ###-####

I am sorry, but since the problem is on your iPad, I won't be able to remotely connect to it. Secure Remote Assistance only works with computers. We can continue in this chat mode and I can provide the instructions on how you should be able to solve the e-mail problem.

In order to solve the problem, you need to remove your e-mail account from your iPad and then re-add it.

Here are the instructions:

1. On your iPad, go to the home screen and tap on Settings
2. There tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars (or just on Mail)
3. On the list of shown e-mail accounts, tap on your e-mail account
4. To remove it, tap on the red Delete Account button located at the bottom (you may need to scroll down a bit)
5. Confirm the removal

6. When done, restart your iPad

After the restart, you can re-add your e-mail account by following these instructions:

1. Go to the home screen and tap on Settings
3. Tap on Add Account...
4. Select the account you want to add
5. Follow the instructions to re-add the account

Once done, check if you can now both receive and send e-mails.

Let me know the results.

I wish you could do this. I followed your instructions and I’m not satisfied. My emails came in, but most of them are old. Only about 10-15 from today. Most recent at 11:38. Also, I have “unread” email from 2016! I try to trash it, but can’t. Can you tell me what to do?

OK. Are you able to access your e-mail account using another device, such as a computer (other than your iPad)? That way you would be able to confirm if you see the same e-mails there, or you see some more that are not accessible on your iPad.

The emails on my UPDATED account are the same as those on the “unread” account. Can I get them to empty out?

If you see the same e-mails on two or more devices, then it means the problem is not with your iPad - it just downloaded all the e-mails that were available. You can manually delete the e-mails you don't want to keep. To delete an e-mail, open the e-mail and then tap on the Trash icon located at the top.

I have 27,000 emails to get rid of . Is there a faster way?!

Oh, I see. A faster way would be to use a computer since you can easily select many e-mails from there and delete them. Do you have a computer you can use?

Yeah. I’ll try that. Thanks a lot

OK. Let me know if you could successfully delete the e-mails, and if you could retrieve the new ones on both computer and iPad.

Thanks,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,