Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I receive financial news from experts about stocks,

(buy/sell, etc). I can open...
I receive financial news from experts about stocks, (buy/sell, etc). I can open the e-mail and get their papers. within there messages they highlight in red another article to read, this where I am having problems. When I address the link, I receive saying the UREL cannot BE FOUND, THE ERROR CODE IS 4O4. I have several publications that are sent I cannot open to read. I had my computer expert to see if he could fix it, after checking out mu computer he said he cannot fix, Microsoft has the problem. I did an update last week sent to by Microsoft and this when this problem started. I do not want to chat but hope you will look into those changes that were made, find the problem and correct it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I had to recover the web site as the computer locked up. I have a DELL 12mb, 1million bites, that is all I know
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: through the browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am a novice and have little knowledge solving software problems
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to have it fixed so I can read my reports that are blocked out. Would any of the screening your systems do, would they cause this problem?
10/24/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. How do you access your emails? Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Firefox? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am using windows 10

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? With remote access, I can check if the problem is your web browser or email program or if the problem is the links that are actually bro***** *****nks.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no I do not want to go in that direction,

Ok, I understand your concerns regarding remote access. Can you please tell me HOW you access your emails? Are you using a web browser or an email program?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
browser

What web browser? Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, Firefox?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the e-mail is Microsoft system

I need to know what exactly you are using to access your emails. Is it a web browser or email program? You said it is a web browser. What web browser is it? Is it Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge, Firefox?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It seems that I not giving you the right answers so I will try to get the information that you need to help then get back to you. No, I am satisfied with your help, you are trying to help me but I am not doing a good job with the information I am trying to communicate to you.

Thank you. There are 2 ways to access your emails in a Windows 10 computer. First is through a web browser. A web browser is also the program you use to access websites. Second, is through an email program. This program has only ONE function: to send and receive your emails. When the email contains links to websites, clicking a link will open a web browser to display the website LINKED in the email.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
my private contact is***@******.***

Ok. If you want me to remotely access your computer right now, then you can join me in a remote session. It is safe, secure, and a better mode of help.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9bf69aa4-61cc-484c-b2e6-6a324baadf59

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I would like thank you for your effort, you did a great job, I appreciate it very much, for a novice like my it is hard to give correct information that I cannot understand so am glad you could make sense of what I was trying to communicate.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
have I got back my computer now?

You're welcome and I am glad I was able to help. Yes, I am disconnected from your computer now.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
will do

Thanks

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist