Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

All recovery options for recovering email password for yahoo…

All recovery options for...

All recovery options for recovering email password ***** yahoo mail won't work. Yahoo mail works on two other Apple Products but can't set up account on new IPAD mini.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?

4 days

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Never the web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Wife never setup recovery email or phone number so it has been a struggle

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

What should i have with me in order to answer their questions

10/23/2017
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online at the recovery page I just linked and it sounds like you tried that already. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you,

Chris L., Support Specialist