Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I do not know-I dont under stand recovery email. I rightly…

I do not know-I...

I do not know-I dont under stand recovery email

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

I rightly dont recall. Spectrumis cable provider.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have a computer-I not very good at understanding their workings.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Google said i needed a recovery email

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know any more to ask.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2017
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Is your email currently working?

Are you using Gmail email?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech

Thank you. First, do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? And/or what's the make / model of your computer?

I have a telikin
yes
wellwhats up.

When you access your google / gmail, when it asks for the recovery email, does it have the option to cancel / skip? Can you please let me know all the options there?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

I am not sure because I didnt understand about recovery email.

Let me know whenever it comes up again, and select the option to skip / don't remind, etc., and/or let me know the options there. Thank you.

are we still engaged in the process/

Yes. Please let me know when Google shows that you need a recovery email, then let me know the full message and all the options there, so I can troubleshoot the issue for you. Thank you,

It seems to have come up after the contacted me and said I hadnt logged out.

Who contacted you?

Was there any issue with your email or computer earlier?

I think it was google that contacted mee.

Did they contact you by sending you an email message, or by calling you, etc.?

They sent me an email-can you tell me what a recovery email is?

A recovery email is another working email address, if you have, you can put on your gmail account in case you forget your gmail email account password. Or you can also use an email address for the recovery email from a trusted person, like a family member.

You can also use a recovery phone number.

But I recommend to always ignore any email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting. Please be careful as there are fake emails and fake phone calls out there that ask for your personal information.

As long as your email is working, then you don't have to do anything. But if you'd like to put recovery email and/or recovery phone on your gmail email account, then please click on the website below:

https://accounts.google.com

, there, sign in your gmail email address if prompted

, then click on the option Sign-in & security

, then scroll down to the section Account recovery options.

Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech