Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cannot get email. Connection to server failed. Yahoo. Ipad.

Customer Question
Cannot get email....

Cannot get email. Connection to server failed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried changing password, tried deleting account and set up new account, getting really frustrated, seems like I've tried everything and nothing works.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Email technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is***** allow me take a look at your original question so I don’t miss any details.

What app do you use to get your email on the ipad?

I'm not sure what app I use. This is my daughter's iPad and she has always been able to get her emails through Yahoo!
I don't think you can connect to her iPad, it's an older version.

Please ignore any offers for remote assist as those are automated and not sent by me personally.

Well with the error that you are getting "connection to server failed" I would need to know what the app you touch to open your email.

Would that be the little blue icon with a white envelope in it?

OK that sounds like the icon is the default mail app of the iphone and not the yahoo mail app. What I would do is instead is to open the app store and search for yahoo mail and download the yahoo mail app. Then open the yahoo mail app and sign in with your email and password ***** you should be good.

The Yahoo Mail app says it needs iOS 10, my iPad is running 5.1.1. Is there anything I can do?

If that is the case, your device may be to old to upgrade. You can find out by going to settings/general/software update and if there are no updates available, let me know.

Also, if you are not able to upgrade then don't worry there is still hope. You can try and delete your yahoo mail account from your phone and then re-add it.

Here is how to do so:

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and choose the yahoo account
  2. Toward the bottom, choose to delete the account
  3. Once it is deleted then re-add by doing the following:
  4. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap Add Account
  5. Tap your email provider "Yahoo" in the list
  6. Enter your email address and password.
  7. Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
  8. Choose information from your email account, like Contacts or Calendars, that you want to see on your device.
  9. Tap Save.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.