Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Microsoft Office for the first time asked me to 'Activate'

Customer Question
Microsoft Office for the first...
Microsoft Office for the first time asked me to 'Activate' my email account. I entered as requested my mail address and was then asked for my password. I have not used that for quite some time however entered what I recalled. This was rejected and I tried again. After several attempts Office finally "disabled most of its features". Since then I have received emails but am unable to send any. Microsoft Word also appears to have been disabled. I clicked on the 'forgotten password' line and have since been wandering around Microsoft website with the email address***@******.*** that I had been asked to open. It then claims to help if I will complete a form. I have done this three times but after answering a series of questions I am rejected and asked to "fill in a new form". They claim they can't identify me by my answers. I haven't used the***@******.*** address but if I don't type what appear to be the appropriate answers, the form is rejected. On another attempt I provided the appropriate answers assuming that I was referring to my Bigpond.com address. This didn't get to first base!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
10/13/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Are you using Office 365? Or Office 2013 or 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

How can I establish those answers from my computer?

Ok, regarding your version of Windows, visit this link below and under Operating System, yours will be shown:

https://supportdetails.com/

Now regarding your MS Office, if it is 365, 2013 or 2016, and you have an annual subscription, or if you are using a trial version, you are asked to activate using your Microsoft account.

Are you using the @Outlook.com as your Microsoft account? Or the @bigpond email?

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

How long has it been since you signed into the email account?