Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Outlook 2016 search is very slow for archive pst which is…

Outlook 2016 search is very...
Outlook 2016 search is very slow for archive pst which is about 50GB in size. Reindexing done for archives,yet Outlook search results don’t yield the messages from archive?How can I sort this Outlook 2016 (Office365proplus) search issue from pst archives?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/11/2017
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

still need assistance

I understand.

Are you willing to create a new pst? This is a big file size for only 1 pst.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

What’s the recommended size? I’ve some friends with pst archives 50GB and they did some registry edit

I understand,

In Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007, the maximum size of a Unicode pst-file has been limited to 20GB.

In Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016, this limit has been set to 50GB.

I do there are registry edits available for adjusting this max file size.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Thanks for the details Jeffrey and the issue which I reported is search doesn’t work properly with Outlook client freezing at times with the archive pst file search( pst file > 40 GB but < 50 GB).Is there a prescribed limit by Microsoft for archive pst file when in use with Outlook 2016(Office365proplus)?

Yes, correct.

This is 50 GB for only the new versions of Outlook.

You have tried reindexing the pst, correct?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey, done reindexing the pst,still search is really slow.What factors could be causing the slowness for a local pst file despite full successful indexing of the pst archive?
Will a scanpst help for the archive pst, to check for any corruptions and once completed perhaps will it help in Outlook 2016 search?

yes, correct.

A scanpst will eliminate that any errors are on the pst file.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey B