Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am tryingto add a new credit card to my Uber account, but…

Customer Question
I am tryingto add...

I am tryingto add a new credit card to my Uber account, but it won't let me.

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

That's what I am trying to do now. Is there a number?

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing yet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No....thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/6/2017
Email technician: Jeremy K, Sysadmin and Network protocol engineer replied 10 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Sysadmin and Network protocol engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok, so if you're just looking for Uber's phone number, Tech Support is: 1-***-***-**** and customer service is 1-***-***-****, assuming you're in the USA. But if you'd like I can talk you through the details of how to get it added. I'll just need to know first if your phone is an iPhone or android phone?

I have an account and an old credit card in there. I want to delete that and add a new card.
iphone

Great. And it is weird how Uber puts this detail in an unexpected place. Took me ages to sort it out the first time. In the app, tap the menu button (three horizontal lines). Then select payment. From here you can tap "add payment method".

To remove the old card, just tap the card in the listing of payment methods and once you're viewing the details (should show card number and expiration date), tap on the triple dots in the right hand corner. This will pop up a delete option.

Here's a long version with screen shots: https://www.ridesharingdriver.com/uber-payment-options-select-different-credit-card/.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service.