Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just had my computer worked on -- new everything, and now…

Customer Question
I just had my...

I just had my computer worked on -- new everything, and now I can't sign into my gmail account. Cookies probably don't recognize my computer now. My email is: ***@******.*** I have new phone number: (###) ###-#### and new address, and I don't remember when I first got gmail, so can't answer that question. So I haven't been successful in restoring passwords and answering questions which I don't remember. Can't you just let me into my gmail?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

I just plugged in the newly-configured computer. I am trying to check on my email. I have been sitting here doing this for about 45 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I am on an hp pavilion all-in-one computer that I have had almost 4 years. I have always, in that time, accessed my gmail account on just this computer.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried to remember my password. That did not work. I answered one question. They wanted to send me a text message, but they don't have the correct number for my current cell phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. This is me, Jane Warthen. I have had this gmail account about 15 years. I have moved twice from Washington to Texas, and from Texas to California. Some of my emails will be from stores like "Woman Withing", the Loft, Swansons., etc. but a few of them are important to me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
10/6/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 11 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

May I connect with you remotely (over secure network session) to check/fix the issue directly?

I am ready to help you. Please let me know when you're ready to work with me. Thank you.