Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Does Craigs List provide a service named "My Phone Number"

Customer Question
Does Craigs List provide...

Does Craigs List provide a service named "My Phone Number" to verify phone numbers.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You seem to have missed the question... does Graigs List provide a telephone number varification service.. called "my Phone Number"/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Conect me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/5/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
To answer your question, NO, CL (craigslist) is not running a phone verification service called "My Phone Number". Can I please tell me HOW you get that info about CL running that phone verification service? I am asking because it could be a scam using CL to extort money from victims.

CL is an ad-listing website operating across the globe. It has a lot of regional sites but its business is listing people's posts or ads in various categories. It is NOT engaged in such phone verification service called My Phone Number.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

I was responding to a personal ad and the lady directed me a service named
My Phone Number" under the understanding the service was free and was just to protect her.The site address is ... http://craigsecureverify.com/Gloria-profile/

I am certain the post in CL that you responded was a scam. This link that you gave me is a dating website and the person who posted that ad in CL could be agents paid by the owner of the website to propagate or introduce the dating website to the community. This website (http://craigsecureverify.com) is NOT secure (secure sites use HTTPS instead of HTTP) and this is NOT affiliated with CraigsList. And so with their service that you mentioned that is called My Phone Number.

Please do not engage to this website. It is deceiving people. The location of this Gloria is dynamic I believe. That is, it will mimic the location of the person viewing the page. Please check my screen shot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-70a2a6c3

I do not know what picture appears to you when you visit the link you gave me, but the LOCATION is changing to make the impression that this Gloria is near you. It is showing my location there in the screen shot I gave you. And from your end, it might show that her last logged in location was your city too. A scam! Please beware!

I hope that helped.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess