Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email client generates the error message: “The server…

Customer Question
My email client generates...

My email client generates the error message: “The server didn't provide a root certificate during the session, and there is no corresponding root certificate in your address book.” From the log file I can see that the client complains about the following certificate: “Certificate S/N: 084935410975E413EBF074BB740CE942 ... DigiCert Cloud Services CA-1”.Could you please assist in getting this certificate?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Every 5 min

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
10/5/2017
Email technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Who is your email service provider, what is your current SMTP settings and what email client are you using?

email service Outlook, SMTP POP3, email client is the Bat

What is your email address?

Pls contact me only via email if you have a silution. I guesss that what I need is the corresponding certificate fie (.cer). Email address is XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi

Please let me know if the steps worked that I mailed to you

Here's the steps again as well

Save the attached certificate to your dekstop

Then in The Bat, goto Tools, Addressbook.

Select Trusted Root CA

Right click Trusted Root CA, select new contact

Click the 'certificates' tab

click Import

Find DigiCert.cer

Click ok.

Close the Bat and test again.