Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I would like to speak to a Google gmail staff person. Please…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to speak to a Google gmail staff person. Please call me at(###) ###-#### Time is of the essence. Thank you, ***** ***** Fisher

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

I got two emails saying my request from Feb. 10th to cancel my gmail account was approved. Well, I never made such a request. In fact I was in the hospital from Jan. 29th to Feb. 21st. So I could not have made such a request.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser using my iMac.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. The email says my account will be terminated within one hour of reading that email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I DO NOT want my account terminated.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/4/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Those are fake email messages. It is a scam in order to get your personal information, such as your email password, so they can hack into your email account. Please do not follow any instruction in that email message. Google does not send out emails about account cancellation. Your email account is NOT being cancelled, so don't worry. As you can see, your gmail email account is working, so you are fine. In the future, please always ignore any email message (or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- If you'd like to know more details about this issue, please let me know the followings:

1. Please tell me the "From" email address of that email message.

2. If possible, please copy and paste here the content of that email message, so I can check.
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

This is bullshit. I do not want to deal with a third party who will charge me to answer an email question. This is a G mail problem.

I'm sorry. Like other free email service providers, such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, etc., Google / Gmail does not provide live support at all. I'm an independent computer tech; I will help you with this. We guarantee our service, so don't worry.

- Google / Gmail has put a warning notice about this kind of email scams. Please click on the google website below to see this notice:

https://support.google.com/faqs/answer/2952493?hl=en#gmailupdate

- As long as you are currently able to receive new email messages, then there is nothing wrong with your gmail email account, so don't worry.

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need help with anything else for now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

To report a bad / fake email message, please sign in your gmail email at the gmail.com website. Then there, open that email message, then click on the tiny down arrow icon near the upper right corner of that message, then click on option Report phishing.

- For more information about phishing emails (email scams), please click on the Google website below:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8253

Have I answered your question about these fake email messages? Or do you have any further question?

Do you still need help with this issue? And/or do you need help with any other computer question / issue?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you,