Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I had a msn email account that was closed a few years ago. I…

Customer Question
I had a msn...

I had a msn email account that was closed a few years ago. I deleted the address books because the account had been hacked several times. Today friends once again received e-mail from the hacked closed account. What should I do ? the email was***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?

The account is closed. I no longer subscribe to MSN. No MSN e-mail should exist

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All of the above for my G mail account.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None I havent had a problem since I closed the account. How would I proceed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/4/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 10 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

It could have come from "spoofed" address

if it is no longer your account - then there is nothing you can do about it.

Your friends can simply mark it as "spam" , which will flag the address

As a precaution I would run an anti-virus and malware scan on PC as well

Hello again, haven't heard back from you,
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Will be waiting for your reply.