Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an outlook.com account I can't delete because I do…

Customer Question
I have an outlook.com...

I have an outlook.com account I can't delete because I do not "text"; I do not have a smart phone and never will. Microsoft will only let me delete these accounts by texting me a code. Also, now I can't log on to my account because the password ***** changed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

It's a home built PC 3.5 Ghz with 64 GB ram running 10 pro build 10586

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

What will this cost me?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Computer Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

If he can't delete a Microsoft account because I can't receive a test message then I can't use their services.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
10/4/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 7 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.
Sure, you can restore access to your email account easily if you have set your recovery phone and email address (prior to the login issue) and that information is still valid.

Remember, it is not always possible to recover an account, especially if recovery information is outdated or or not set prior to the issue
Have you tried yet going via account recovery procedure? Or would you like me to remote into your computer and work on it with you?

how do I remove the remote feature when we are finished?

Which feature?

you mean remote access software? Its one time use.

Just because you say you do not have access does not answer my question.

>Just because you say you do not have access does not answer my question.

- Sorry, not sure when I said about access...

I don't want anyone in my computer, it's bad enough being hacked through other businesses.

OK, then you can try to do recovery for your account yourself, here is where you should start: http://live.com

I can't use this because the original E-mail address "*****@******.***" has been cancelled; it was part of a service I cancelled during my move from OK to AZ.
I would open a new e-mail account but you have to receive a text to verify; I will never text.

Since you are using a free account, the recovery options are limited. As I stated in first message - you need to have up to date recovery information in order to recover free account.

here is what you can also try:

1. Please go to https://account.live.com/password/reset
2. Click on the third option: I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID.
3. Select Other option. then enter short description , and then select Next.
4. Enter your Email, phone, or Skype name account you are trying to recover and the characters you see on the picture, and then select Next.
7. Enter your alternate email address or any email address where Microsoft can contact you.

Please make sure that you can access the alternate email that you’ll be providing here so Microsoft can contact you throughout the validation process.

8. Click on Next
9. Email with PIN will be sent to email address you specified. Validate your identity.
10. Provide as much information as you can on the Windows Live account recovery page then click on Next to continue.
11. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear to confirm submission.
12. A notification will be sent to the alternate email address that you provided.

The only e-mail address I have is what I use to log into Microsoft;***@******.***. Since I can't use that there is no way to access it. I tried to tell everyone that before you started charging me.

so you have att.net address, use that for recovery

I have tried that three times, the program requires a different e-mail address which I do not have. It then asks me to create a new one. I can't because it requires a phone number to TEXT to. I DO NOT TEXT!

What is your Microsoft account name ?

The original account that I created years ago is "*****@******.***" I then contacted Microsoft, when they actually answered a phone, and changed it to***@******.***

ok, what is the actual problem? You cannot access you email? Or you are trying to sign in to some specific Microsoft service?

There is no problem with the accounts; I'm trying to cancel all the existing accounts and create a new one because of my relocation to AZ. I'm tired of constantly changing my e-mail address and need one that works world-wide.

Just because you move your Microsoft account doesn't change.

You want to create new account? Sure, just create one.

You can't create a new one unless you text.

That is not true

You obviously can't help. Cancel this service and refund the my credit card.

for cancellations visit this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

for texting you can sign up for free number from Google Voice and use it for your MS registration... just so you know

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist