Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I logged into my gmail and to my surprise did not have any…

Customer Question
I logged into my...

I logged into my gmail and to my surprise did not have any of my emails in my mailbox nor did i have my contacts

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

It started yesterday

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my phone, but my phone broke so since Saturday 30th, i have been accessing through my computer here at work. Saturday everything was fine.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have searched using I:anywhere (the name of the contact)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Google sent me an activity alert yesterday stating someone had attempted to access my account in flagstaff Arizona, but I'm in california and so it had me change my password. the funny thing is that I change it and it still allows me to log in using my old password

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Im sorry i can't connect

Okay, no worries. Please, explain more about your account issues. You stated that you are able to log into your account using an old password? Are you able to log into the account using the new password?

Are you sure that you are trying to log into the correct account?

im missing all my emails on my gmail account and i have attempt to search for them and have not bee able to find them

You stated that you are able to log into your account using an old password? Are you able to log into the account using the new password?

i only have 1 gmail account. i had received an email from google stated that my account had been accessed in flag staff arizona and it asked me to change my password.. so i did.. when i went to log on with the new password ***** did not work so i went back to using my old password ***** it worked.. but when i logged in ....my email was gone
the funny part is that i can't seem to find that old email that google sent me stated the my account had been accessed.

Quite often when this happens, Gmail's system confuses people into creating a new account and has them sign into that new account. Look at the account that you are in. Click the circle icon for your profile on the top right. Does it show your email account or another one?

its my email account

Do you see any emails on the following page after clicking the link: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#all

only the 3 1 from saturday and 2 from yesterday.. i had emails from last year.. the funny thing also is that i use this email to email my boyfriend and it only shows his old email address and not his new one...

I am sorry to hear that. It appears that someone deleted all the email in your account.

Do you see any emails on the following page? https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#trash

no

I am sorry to say, but those emails are gone. Your account may have been compromised and had all the data erased from it. That may have been why Gmail sent you the email in the first place. Does that all make sense?

thank you for your help

You are most welcome. I wish you a sparkling rest of your day, in your part of the world.

Thank you for your time and patience today.

In the future, if you need any help with anything in the categories below, please let me know.

On this website, I am an expert in each of the following categories listed below:
- Computer
- Networking
- Mac
- Printer
- Cell Phones
- E-Readers
- Android Devices
- Laptop
- Computer Hardware
- Software
- Email
- Microsoft Office
- Smartphones
- Office Equipment
- Programming
- Consumer Electronics

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with -For ***** ***** Only!-

My Profile Page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason