Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I am typing an email, it is constantly being saved to…

Customer Question
When I am typing...

When I am typing an email, it is constantly being saved to my "sent" box. Depending on how long it takes to compose, I sometimes end up with 10 -12 exact copies of my email, clogging up the sent box. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? ONE copy of a sent email is enough!

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm on a Mac laptop, using google mail, and my address is gmail.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Awhile ago I may have, but I am constantly getting requests to update. When I first got that request I tried to follow it, but after doing so, it ended up that I got a message that it couldn't be done in Canada. Even though I can't follow the request, I still get the requests and I can't get rid of them. I just defer them every day until tomorrow. My Mac is pretty old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yeah, although it's a different annoyance. I can no longer get into my iPhotos. There's a white circle plastered on the icon. Is this all part of the same problem?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist