Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can receive emails but can not send them. It pops up

Customer Question
I can receive emails...

I can receive emails but can not send them. It pops up asking for my password ***** I put in but still won't send and a minute later pops up asking for my password ***** and it continues

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

I reset my password ***** week

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing yet. I was told to try and update Microsoft outlook? but I haven't had any help

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/3/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program you are using? and to which email service is it connecting to?

Please let me know

Thank you

I am using Microsoft outlook 2013 and not sure what you mean by connecting to?

Which email service such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo?

outlook
its time warner cable nc.rr.com

ok... is it outlook.com or rr.com?

I need to know please

rr.com

Thanks

Can you click on my link below and tell me ig you can sign into your account there please

https://webmail.roadrunner.com

I can. I have been doing that but I like the outlook and would rather use it. But yes it works fine on their website

Thank you, ***** *****

When you press F5 in outlook, and it sends and receives, what is the error you get?

It asks for server, user name and password

Can you go to www.whatismyip.com

Tell me the IP address it tells you please

smpt-server.nc.rr.com
Is that what you need

no, please do the last instructions I sent

it keeps just spinning

Can you go to www.whatismyip.com

You need to go to that site please

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

to be honest I am afraid to let you in the computer. I was hesitant to do this, its my first time I just want to know its safe

I understand, I guarantee 100% it is safe, We have been here since 2003, we do not last that long if we were not safe, and I have done 1,000's of connections, I cannot even load files to your computer. All I am interested in is solving this and moving on to the next customer as thats how I am paid

172.74.157.214
we will try this and see it it works first

ok, the issue is you are blacklisted as a spammer, this you see here

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a172.74.157.214&run=toolpage

When this happenss it forces you to use only webmail

But, remove the power to your wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and then try to send

Let me know the results please

ok I will be back in touch

thank you

no it didn't work

What is the make and model of your wifi router?

I am not sure its in the attic. The other lady in the office is not having the problem I am
if you need it I will go back up and get

I do need to know it

its Asus
M# *****

Thanks

On the back of it is a reset button

using a paperclip hold it in for 10 seconds then release.

You will lose internet for about 5 minutes but when it is back, try to send please.

I tried that and it still is not working

ok, you need then to contact your service provider and request they change your IP address, you are blocked as you are listed as spamming, I am not saying you are, but you have been identified as such, until the IP is changed, you will not be able to send, we tried to force this but it is not possible, it has to be done by your provider.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you