Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have the latest version of Thunderbird.on windows 10.. It…

Customer Question
I have the latest...

I have the latest version of Thunderbird.on windows 10. . It ran fine until about 1 month ago. Now it only downloads the same file over and over...I actually am using Windows live....but it isn't nearly as good. How do I get back the ability to receive e mails. While it downloads the same file....it indicates that there are more of them onlu for a second. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

G-mail...my address [email protected];.com

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On a desktop from the icon.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Reinstalling Thunderbird on another directory.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried remove the gmail account in Thunderbird, then re-add it?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you have your gmail email set up with IMAP or POP in Thunderbird?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

POP

Can you remove the POP account, then re-add it (using IMAP option) when prompted?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

no...pop works fine

What's the error or message in Thunderbird?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.