Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When opening recent emails I get this message; error access…

Customer Question
When opening recent emails...

When opening recent emails I get this message; error access blocked. It then goes on to tell me to check ‘click blocking’ in settings

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes I updated to 11.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went to settings but,didnt really know where to go so tried googling but,I still am clueless

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am fairly computer illiterate...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/2/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. How do you access your Gmail account where you see such error? Is it in Safari web browser? Chrome browser?
  2. Or is it in the Mail app? Or MS Outlook 2016?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I click on the gmail app.

Are you able to access your Gmail on the Safari web browser?

I supposeInormally just open gmail with the mail app tho

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

I cant afford to spend 52 bucks sorry.

Ok, I understand that. Can you send me a screenshot of the problem? capture a screenshot of your screen showing the problem, then attach it to your reply using the Add Files button or the paper clip icon.

Ok i will try

Thank you. Please take your time.

Ok, it appears that the problem is that your computer was blocked from accessing a particular website. The reason is listed there. Can you please tell me why you SHOULD be ABLE to access that website? And what exactly is that website that you are trying to access?

What link did you click on that email that gave you the blocked error?

Click here
It is happening with most of the mail so it is probably something in icloud or mail -some box I should have checked or unchecked.

I cannot see "Click here" in the last screen shot you gave me. Did you mean "Load all Images"?

Can i get my $5 back?
I will just delete that mailbox. But thanks

Ok. Please contact our customer service for refunds.