Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got an email stating that I had signed up for iTunes for…

Customer Question
I got an email...

I got an email stating that I had signed up for iTunes for over $100.00 I don't even use iTunes

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Email is with AOL, but I am on Internet Explorer right now

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my PC AOL

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

In the email there was supposed to be a page where I could disclaim the purchase, but it wouldn't open

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This has been a bad day

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
10/2/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please do not follow any instruction from that email message. It looks like a scam in order to get your information.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Here are some ways you can check in order to confirm that it's a fake email message:

1. iTunes (Apple) would never ask you to disclaim any purchase via email. iTunes will never ask you to provide any personal information or sensitive account information (such as passwords or credit card numbers) via email.
  2. In that email message, please check the "From" email address; it is likely not an email address from Apple (iTunes.)
  3. Check the website address link in that email message; it is likely not a website link from Apple.

- In general, you should always ignore any email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- If you'd like more details, please let me know the followings:

* Can you please tell me the "From" email address in that email message?

* Can you please copy and paste the content of that message here, so I can check?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

For more information about this kind of scam, please click on the website below:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201679

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech