Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My mother has an email account with Yahoo that I deleted…

Customer Question
My mother has an...

My mother has an email account with Yahoo that I deleted because it wouldn’t let her access it. It had a Red Alert account attached so I also deleted it. Now I want to reenter her Yahoo account but I need hel as the questions which she answered for her security are also questions which she says aren’t ones she can answer as the answers aren’t the ones she remembers! Help as she is 86 and I want to help her get her email account. Her email was***@******.***. If you could talk me through this, I would appreciate it. I am her daughter and she is staying with me.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?

I am not sure as she hasn’t been opening her email. It looks like it may have been going on since December 2016. I noticed it yesterday when I was trying to set up an automatic payment and the company needed her email. That is when I saw this Red Alert file had shown up.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes s to IOS UPDATES

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I have deleted all email accounts on her iPad because I was concerned for ha king and now want to reinstall if you can help me get back in with new password

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/1/2017
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Besides your mothers ipad, had she ever accessed her yahoo account from a mac or a pc?

No
I don't know how you can connect as her email account has been deleted

Do you have a PC or a Mac?