Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I set up a second email address that I no longer need and…

Customer Question
I set up a...

I set up a second email address that I no longer need and would like to eliminate. In the meantime, I keep getting error messages on my regular email telling me that I need to enter a password ***** the unneeded address. I don't remember the password. Help.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?

Every time I go to gmail and now it is keeping me from exiting

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my computer via the symbol whatever that's called

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Several things including trying to delete that email address, nothing worked Also tried every password ***** could think of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yea I'm 82 and not very tech savvy

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Email technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What account is it that you are trying to delete?

nrdiscussion is the email

Who is the email provider? (Gmail, yahoo, aol, etc.)

gmail my good email address is***@******.*** don't destroy it please

I won't be able to delete your account, only you can do that.

I will simply send you the steps to delete your email account.

Is that okay?

two questions: 1) will I be able to just delete the bad email address, not the good one? 2) Will everything else be retained as is? Please send info to***@******.*** thanks

Yes, just make sure you are logged into the correct email address when you follow the steps.

When you delete the email address, all emails for that account will also be permanently deleted.

Your other email will remain untouched.

Delete your Gmail address steps.

1. Sign in to the Account preferences page.
  2. Click Delete products. You may need to sign in to your account again.
  3. Next to Gmail, click Delete .
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen, then choose Remove Gmail.

Here is a link to the Account Preferences Page to make it easier.