Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was on the internet recently when I was kicked out and…

Customer Question
I was on the...

I was on the internet recently when I was kicked out and haven't been able to reconnect since. wireless Fairpoint indicates I'm connected but I get a not connected to internet screen when I try to connect. I called Fairpoint and was told it isn't a wireless connection problem to contact Windows. Can you help? I'm on my work computer with my PC opened to the no internet screen. Thanks, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a bandwidth test?

I don't know what that is

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser I guess

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went through all the trouble shooting stages on the computer and came up zilch,, then called Fairpoint who said I was connected to internet so it must be a Windows problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I'd be so grateful to be able to access the internet on my PC

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/1/2017
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

you can connect me if it's only costing me $5 not $48 mo for ongoing service

You dont have to pay the ongoing subscription charge. But the total of this question currently is 52$.. Remote support if successful would be another 30$ on top of that, but we do guarantee the service meaning that if I cant solve the issue then you receive a full refund of all fees paid.

Do you want to try that, under those terms/]?