Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I know have an icon on my ipad for both Yahoo Messenger and…

Customer Question
I know have an...

I know have an icon on my ipad for both Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Email. The address for both is the same. I have a message string that comes up when I click on my Messenger icon. I can't figure out how to get back to the page that had "add a new person" or something like that.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?

Just downloaded both this weekend

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. when I give out my address to people, it comes to mail, not messenger. What am I supposed to give to people to get on Messenger?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
10/1/2017
Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 10 months ago
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.

you want to remove yahoo messenger from the ipad?

No. I'm trying to understand what I am supposed to give people to have them show up on Messenger? I currently have both Messenger and Email icons on my ipad, but when I click on Messenger, the only thing that comes up is an old message string. I can't get back to the page that says "add a person" or something like that. When people type in my address, it goes to my email icon, not messenger.
Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 10 months ago

uninstall the messenger app from the ipad and then reinstall it back.

Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 10 months ago
  1. Tap and hold the app you want to uninstall. - All app icons start to shake.
  2. Tap X in the corner of the app.
  3. Tap Delete.
  4. Press your device's Home button to re-lock your screen.
Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 10 months ago