Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been locked out of my hotmail account and they won't…

Customer Question
I have been locked out...
I have been locked out of my hotmail account and they won't accept my verification.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
9/30/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

I have Windows 10. I use Firefox. I am trying to recover a hotmail address:***@******.***I have tried it on my notebook, Windows 8.1 with no better success. The problem is with the dolts at hotmail.I cannot see how you can fix it by taking over my computer.I have just been out and come back.It is 12:39 am here and I am off to bed now.

If you used autofill, we could reveal that password ***** on the browser you used.

When you are ready tomorrow, just reply here and we will continue.

If I thought you could fix the problem by taking over my computer, I would agree to the $39, but it is not a problem with my computer in any way.

Just tell me what browser you used and i can tell you how.

Also, i am not sending that request. It is automated. Please just ignore it unless you want it.

It is not a matter of a lost or wrong password. It is a matter of they have locked me out because they are paranoid and have a huge belief in their self importance, that messages are more important than a bank account.

Ah, i see.

That is another matter. Let me open this up to another expert for suggestions.

Please standby.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can you please share a screenshot showing the exact error message you got for your Hotmail account?
Here is a screen shot of what I get when I try to sign in. I moved house only days ago so no longer have the same land line phone. I have had this verification of account crap from them a number of times in the last several months. They must be bored.
I have just checked my bank account and for the one question so far, justanswer has deducted: €8.47, €4.24, €4.24, €4.24 and €4.32. Please refund the four extra payments.
Thanks for the screenshot. The issue is commonly caused by the changed location especially for a new location far away from the previous one.
If the number ending 54 is a land number, is it possible for your phone provider to redirect the line to your new location or divert it to another number of you?
BTW, whats the next screen or options if you answer "I don't have these any more"?Regarding the charges, can you please consult with JustAnswer Customer Care for details as I am an engineer here, not a billing guy, hence I don't have any access to billing info for you.
They ask for a code which I get from a different email address then imput. They then ask for my details and various questions about emails I sent from my locked account.Here in Spain, I move and ask for a land line, it often comes from a different provider to the previous one, as in this case.
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant