Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to verify i own the account. I've tried call the…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to verify i own the account

Technician's Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?

I've tried call the customer service number but it wont put me through

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Normally phone, however this email i made was for my new iphone which i only accessed once back in 01/2016. i need it to be able to have full function on my phone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried answering the security questions, when i opened the account, getting the verification code using another email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That should be all thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/29/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

i created this account when i got a new phone early 2016. i forgot all about it untill i was trying to do a funtion on my phone, was unable to since i never verified the account.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you trying to access your emails on a new iphone?

its the same iphone, when i got my phone i had to creat an account for icloud.

So you are trying to access your iCloud account but you are using a Gmail account for your icloud. Is that correct?

when i got the phone you had to have it linked to an email address. by linking this email to my phone it automatically chose this for that option.
is there a way i can verify this is my account?

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY to verify your Gmail account apart from the reset procedures that I believe you already did. This is because Google imposed a new protocol in recovering Gmail accounts and it does not allow any human intervention at all. You can only recover the account if the recovery information associated with the account are up-to-date. That is, if the mobile phone number, or the alternate email address, are all accessible.

If they are no longer accessible, then you cannot regain access to the Gmail account and it will be lost forever.

Here is my article regarding this problem in details:

http://technicalforum.org/email/several-thousands-are-losing-their-gmail-accounts-secure-your-account-now

In your case now, please try to reset your iCloud account or recall its password ***** regain access to it. If there is NO WAY to retrieve your iCloud account, then your next option is to create a NEW iCloud account and use it for your phone.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess