Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I recently got back from Argentina yesterday. I also

Customer Question
Hello, I'm Wyatt and...

Hello, I'm Wyatt and i recently got back from Argentina yesterday. I also received a new phone with a new phone number. However my gmail account is linked to my old phone number. I tried calling the number to see if anyone would answer, but the number is ***** no use and is most likely disconnected. So I-m just wondering if there is a way to get my email back without having to make new accounts for itunes, facebook, instgram. playstaion, etc. Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Just recently

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No i have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

For now i think we are okay, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

its just one email account. the issue is that i have a new phone and my phone number got changed. In order to receive a verification code it goes to my old phone number which is no longer in use, as in no one is using it. I tried calling the number to see if anyone would answer and it went to a voicemail saying the number is *****
the email is***@******.***

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Unfortunately, in this scenario, there is NO way to recover that Gmail account since you only have an old and disconnected mobile phone number linked to the account. If you only added a second recovery information like a recovery email address, there is still a way to recover it through that email address.

Here is my article describing this problem in details:

http://technicalforum.org/email/several-thousands-are-losing-their-gmail-accounts-secure-your-account-now

I know this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But without passing the verification process, which in your case is impossible since the original phone number linked to the account is already disconnected or deactivated, there is no way to regain access to your old Gmail account.

I hope you find this information useful and helpful. Also, knowing these facts about the new reset procedures imposed by Gmail, you should now ensure that you provide up-to-date recovery information in your other Gmail account if you have any to avoid these kinds of trouble in recovering the account.

At this point you placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and for helping you if you rate positively (3-5 stars/faces). It is up to you if you want to credit me or not. Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) for not getting your desired results. Your deposit is refundable if you do not wish to pay and here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist