Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I clicked onto my gmail icon and a new page came up

Customer Question
Hi I clicked onto...

Hi I clicked onto my gmail icon and a new page came up advertising a new promotion from Gmail showing a new system nd to sign up by creating a new gmail account

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

Just this morning

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser it my gmail account is attached to my son account so I have to click on his and then my icon comes up which takes me to my emails

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None I filled in the form giving a new email address***@******.*** my old address was***@******.*** this is a business account I dont want to change my existing email address

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

How do i get access to my old account email address and cancel the new one

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
9/28/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. On your PC computer, when you are in the wrong gmail account, click on the big letter icon at the upper right corner, then click on the option called Sign out.
  2. Then click on the arrow icon next to the wrong gmail email address, if shown.
  3. Then select your old gmail email address (or add account).
  4. Then you should be able to sign in your old gmail email address.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Go to the website below on your computer:
    https://accounts.google.com/Logout
  2. (If needed, go to the gmail.com website again.)
  3. Then click on the arrow icon next to the wrong gmail email address, if shown.
  4. Then select your old gmail email address (or add account).
  5. Then you should be able to sign in your old gmail email address.

- Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

What's the make / model of your computer?

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech