Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

One of my gmail account won't send mails. I get an error on…

Customer Question
One of my gmail...

One of my gmail account won't send mails. I get an error on my Mac that the password ***** the outgoing mail server is incorrect. I know it's correct since I've deleted and readied the email account several times. I've been on the Apple support line for several hours and they claim it's a Google problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

It started a couple of days ago. I affected both my iPhone and Mac but the iPhone has been fixed after rebuilding the email account.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I mostly use the Apple Mail application on the Mac and iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

As mentioned, I've rebuild the mail account, I've reset my google password ***** times to make sure I use the correct one. And I've been on the phone with a senior Apple support person for several hours trying multiple things. As mentioned, Apple now believe the problem is with the gmail account/server.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

It sounds like you have done a lot in order to attempt to fix this problem. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason