Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Several Days ago my account was compromised. I believe it…

Customer Question
Several Days ago my...

Several Days ago my account was compromised. I believe it was malware. I have been trying numerous times every dat to recover my account. I don't know exact date I started gmail, but believe it was 2 years ago approximately. You reach me on my alternate email account and my cellphone but keep saying you don't believe I am alfreda stokes. I desperately need my account back as some of those contacts and emails I can't duplicate. Why is it so difficult for you to believe I am who I am?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

About five days ago and I have contacted you every day and they say someone will get back to me in 1-3 hours. And they do, but when answer the questions, they still say they don't believe I am who I say I am. Can't you ask me some other questions?

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On a laptop and a chromebook. Either one - they are in different rooms.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Someone from Quantum Solutions I found under Google online said he was a contrctor with Google. He went in to my computer and said I need a firewall and that my computer had been compromised. When I called them back - the number didn't work and I called Quantum Solutions and they said they never heard of him. I'm going to get Norton 360, but just want my emails back. And I'm assuming other people are emailing me in the past few days.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/28/2017
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 10 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Did you pay quantum solutions?

As they were a scam company, and they were not a google contractor, NO ONE IS.

Did you give them any payment details or personal information or passwords?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S. Sr. Technician and Former Network Switching Systems Operator . Maintainer 31F1P