Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I NEED TO RETRIEVE AN EMAIL THAT WAS MISTAKENLY SENT WITH MY…

Customer Question
I NEED TO RETRIEVE...

I NEED TO RETRIEVE AN EMAIL THAT WAS MISTAKENLY SENT WITH MY PERSONAL FILES.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

CHROME

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't tried any. this the is my first time having done this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just that this is extremely important and could cause adversities if left unchecked. I was trying to send a recommendation letter and inadvertently attached all of my prior saved attachments on my computer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/28/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean to unsend it? And how long ago did you send it?

Please let me know

It was sent about 20 min. ago

Ok, you wont be able to unsend it sorry, you only have a few seconds to recall it.

The problem is now it is outside of the system and in the inbox off the recipient.

The only way you would be able to remove it would be to hack into the persons inbox and then delete it which of course is not legal or possible.

It is just the same as if you were to send a letter and it was in the letter box of the person you sent it to, you would need to break open the lock and retreive the message.

I understand it is important but it is not possible sorry to retrieve it.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

What does it mean "to credit the expert" and how do I cancel this subscription immediately since you could not be of assistance to me?

That I provided the answer to your question, and to rate my service (not if you liked the answer or not, as I can only tell you the actual answer and not what we would both like to hear) I can have the subscription cancelled for you once we complete the question.