Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Is it possible to choose which folders I import from AOL?

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?

AOL is forcing us to change to a GOLD desktop, which I do not like; however, there are only certain files I would like to transfer to gmail.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through the web browser. I have AOL on my desktop.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just joined gmail, so there is no problem with gmail or with AOL. I want to transfer certain files before AOL forces me to download AOL Gold.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/28/2017
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

You would have to delete the messages you do not want before you start importing. But did you know that you do not need to use the GOLD Desktop program in order to continue using your aol email account?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.