Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Do I have an IT person on board? I am asking for help with a…

Customer Question
Do I have an IT...
Do I have an IT person on board? I am asking for help with a gmail account/locked phone
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/27/2017
Email technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Could you please tell me the make and model of your phone?

samsung Jv3
J3v.

Thank you. Could you please describe exactly what is happening?

My phone locked me out. I went to Verizon and was told I needed to get back into my gmail account. I could not remember the correct password ***** I never use this account (I use hotmail). We attempted to re-set password ***** I don't know where I am in the process. I cannot text as my phone is locked. I did receive an email on my hotmail with a verification code 604380 from Google but I have no idea what to do with it.

In the email with the verification code was there a link?

There should have been a link that would bring you to a Google page where you could enter the verification code.

No. The email states "this email address is being used to recover a Google Account.. If you initiated the recovery process, it is asking yo to enter the number verification code that appears below."(this was sent to***@******.***)

Okay, when you initiated that recovery process, presumably by clicking "Forgot password" on Google's website, it should have brought up the box there asking for the verification code.

What is the gmail address you are trying to recover?

I did not do this I don't think. I am not even sure how I got this email.

You received it because you and the Verizon rep attempted to reset your gmail password ***** your hotmail account is linked to your gmail account as a backup. If you tell me your gmail address I may be able to help you reset the password ***** you can access your phone.

Thank you. One moment please.

The response I received when I put this code in the phone where is says "forgot password" is "Google will send a verification code to (###) ###-#### The problem is the phone does not work.

Okay, please check your hotmail account now. You should have a new email with a new verification code. Please tell me the code.

I lost you. I sent it to your email. Can you get it ? I will re-send. Please don't go away.

My email is not listed here. Please just copy and paste the code and send it here.

452189

Thank you. One moment please.

Unfortunately Google still can not verify that account belongs to you as it must have never been added to your Gmail account. Do you know what month and year you may have created the***@******.***

account?

No. I think Verizon added this when I bought the phone.

When was that?

I am not sure.

Can you guess a month & year? It's worth a shot.

maybe i can find the box? can you hold one second, please?

Sure, no problem. But unless the receipt is in the box it probably won't be on there.

03/22/2017

Okay, one more time please check your hotmail and tell me the latest verification code.

798374

Thank you. Unfortunately it still did not work. The only thing left to do is to go back to Verizon and tell them there is no way to recover your gmail account, so you need them to completely erase the phone so you can get into it. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great evening!