Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

It is blocking links to change password from Macy's and

Customer Question
It is blocking links...

It is blocking links to change password ***** Macy's and Southwest

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?

Trying to do now with Macys and email will not come through

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All of the above but prefer web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried to do the link on their web page and just talked to them and they are the ones that told me it was blocked

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Email technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

You are trying to reset your password ***** Macy's website, correct?

Did you forget your previous password, or are you still able to login to your account?

They wanted it changed so I was trying to do that

Okay, so when you go to the Macy's website, can you login with your old password *****?

No it tells me to change

From the Sign In page, click "Forgot Your Password?" and follow the on-screen instructions.

• They will send a password ***** link and instructions to the email address associated with your Macy's account. Note: The password ***** link will expire within a few hours. Be sure to change your password ***** away
  • After you create a new password, it will be active right away. You will need to use it to sign in to your Macy's account from any device

If you requested a new password, but didn't receive your password-reset email:

• Try re-entering your email address
  • Check your spam or junk mail folders in your email account
  • Double-check that the email address associated with your Macy's account is correct. You may want to try another email address that could have been used when you set up your profile
Did all that

You checked spam and junk folders as well as any old email addresses you have that may have been associated with the account?

it is not even sending it there
same thing happened with southwest but I has email sent to my husband but I want them to come to me
Is there something you can change to unblock the link emails

Okay, what email provider do you use?

msn outlook

Okay, one moment please.

In Outlook, you can unblock a sender by following these steps:

1. Choose Tools→Message Rules→Blocked Senders List.

2. Select from the Message Rules dialog box the user you want to unblock.

3. Click the Remove button.

4. Click OK.

Removing someone from the Blocked Senders list doesn’t automatically restore any of their blocked messages. To find those, you need to dig through the junk mail or Deleted Items folders.

ok I will try

Okay, let me know how it goes!

The message tried a couple things but that web page not listed on my blocked emails. Tried to add but didn't work

If Macy's is not on your blocked sender list, then their emails to you would not be getting blocked.

You said you spoke to Macy's customer support and they told you this?

Getting all other emails just not the one with link to change password

Hmm... Okay.

It sounds like your email for a password ***** is incorrect.

The only way to reset your password ***** be to contact Macy's customer support at 1(###) ###-####/p>

They will be able to access your account.

Get them to spell out the email address they have on file and ensure it is correctly spelled.

If everything looks good, we can continue troubleshooting on this side, however, it is unlikely your fault.

She said that the link is hard bound and won't go through.
Can you fix the issue

You should ask to speak to a different representative.

Hard bound is not terminology associated with links and doesn't mean anything.

They will be able to change the email or password ***** with the account, as they have control over their websites database.

I asked her that and she said no. If I give you access to my email account can you fix on your side. Her solution was to change my email. I do not want to do that

If the problem is on your side, I would be able to fix it.

Was she able to at least confirm your email address was correct?

Ok

Was she able to confirm your email address was input correctly?

I have to leave....will get back to you

Alright, sounds good.