Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My phone is locked to a gmail account that I can't remember…

Customer Question
My phone is locked...

My phone is locked to a gmail account that I can't remember username or password ***** two other accounts work on a computer, but I can't get the one I created on the phone and the phone won't accept another one. I've been told that remembering that account is the only way I can unlock the phone. can you help?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

I created the account on either 22nd or 23rd September, i.e. just a few days ago.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I don't normally use gmail, one of the accounts is an old work one that i just revived today, the other was created yesterday in an effort to unlock my phone. the smart phone is my first, i normally use Hotmail on a computer.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I keep trying to locate the account by using names and passwords that i think i might have used, but i'm in a total muddle now because I've been trying it over and over. i'd like to delete my accounts and start again but i don't like if that will let me get into my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know - isn't that enough info?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/25/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 10 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the phone with the issue?

Thank you

nokia 5
no, i don't want remote assistance thanks
i'm leaving this site now

ok... I do find it a little strange you are asking for my help then within 2 minutes as I am typing out the instructions, you indicate you are leaving?

But all the best with resolving your issue

thanks

ok