Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have set up a Skype account Back in June 2012, using my…

Customer Question
I have set...

I have set up a Skype account Back in June 2012, using my then work email address :***@******.***.
I have been using my Skype account service successfully on my i Pad 3 since then, until recently, when I was asked for a user name and password. Unfortunately, I was not aware
that the original account has been opened under my then work email address, because I left that company a number of years ago so the email address is no longer in
use. After a number of attempts to log on, I have been locked out of the account on the i Pad, but can access it on my Windows desktop, logging on with my Facebook password ***** my Facebook password ***** ***** recognised on my i Pad.How do I reactivate the account, so that I can access it and use it on my I Pad?Please help.SKYPE CREDIT PURCHASED 18.June 2012 $16.00
Order number###-##-####for Skype Name peter.bittoThanking you,With Kind Regards,Peter.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?

It is iPad 3, about 4 years old

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
9/25/2017
Email technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 10 months ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Step 1 :

• Please Sign in to your Skype account from : https://secure.skype.com/account/
  • Click your profile picture, or select Edit Profile in the Account details section at the bottom of the page.
  • Scroll down to the Contact details section and click Add email address.
  • Type your email address, click the green Save button at the bottom of the page.
  • A confirmation link will be sent to your email, please click on it.
  • Now Click your profile picture, or select Edit Profile again.
  • Select Set as primary email next to the address you just add.
  • Scroll down to the Contact details section and click the Edit button on the right.
  • Enter your password ***** confirm the change of your primary email address.
  • After this remove your Old email address then click the green Save button.

Step 2 :

Change your Skype password : http://secure.skype.com/account/personal/change-password

Step 3 :

Turn on your iPad and Login to your Skype account using your new email address and password.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Has everything worked out ? Do you still need help ?