Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I use Outlook.com on both my PC and my iPhone for all

Customer Question
I use Outlook.com on...

I use Outlook.com on both my PC and my iPhone for all emails. I have two emails that have been deleted on the PC but continue to display on the iPhone Inbox. Is there any way to clear these annoying emails off my iPhone? They are long-since deleted (and deleted from the Delete back-up) on the PC side.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

75% using Outlook on my computer, 25% on the iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no idea where to start on the iPhone side.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Don;t think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 10 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Looks like your PC is setup for POP. You need to change the settings on PC to imap and then they will be in sync.

OR you can go to www.outlook.com and delete emails from there, it that should update it on iPhone

went on www.outlook.com. Thes old email do not show up there, so no way to delete them. Still on the phone.
Outlook.com email setting appear to be automatic, I get no IMAP/POP selection capability.

On Outlook, view account settings and tell me what it says? IMAP or POP? If you don't know how to view these settings, let me know.