Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I purchased an Asus laptop with Office 2007 installed in…

I purchased an Asus...

I purchased an Asus laptop with Office 2007 installed in 2010. 1 week ago when I tried to save a word document I got a message saying there were no more files. I am unable to save anything in Excel or Word. I can save emails from Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue?

1 week

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on the laptop and my Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Save and save as options, trying different file extensions, checking for Microsoft updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No other than there are a number of people on the internet with the same complaint.

9/24/2017
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Was there any change or update recently to your computer that may have caused this issue?

Did you install anything recently?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

windows 10, no updates other than automatic and no changes known, no installations

Thank you. What's your antivirus / security program, if any?

Kaspersky

Thank you. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

how much will it cost
I think it will be easier to just buy a new package. Thank you.

Buy a new package costs a lot more, and it may not resolve the issue, since there is something on your computer that is conflicting with your Office Word / Excel programs.

I can fix your Word / Excel quickly for you right now; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Ok, lets cut it off at $14.00

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y7u7jx3d
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Ok, offer accepted. What further information do you need

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/y7u7jx3d
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

done, I think

When you click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/y7u7jx3d

, then open / run / install the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client (usually shown at the bottom), then what happens? Is there any error or message?

I have hit the run tab 3 times, nothng happens

I'm sorry. It's strange. Can you please click on the new website below:

http://tinyurl.com/yahkvvq8

, then open / run / install the new item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientBootstrap.jnlp and see what happens now. Thank you.

I can't tell if it is executing

Please try this: Click on Start, then click on Control Panel. Then open Programs / Programs and Features (or Add/remove programs), then there, uninstall / remove the item called Asus Data Security Manager. Once that is done, see if you can save word / excel now. Thank you.

Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window should open.

- Then there, uninstall / remove the item called Asus Data Security Manager. Once that is done, see if you can save word / excel now. Thank you.

Sorry, I understand what to do, but I cannot get to my control panel.

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on your computer's keyboard

2. Then type control then click OK

- (Then the Control Panel window should open.)

3. Then there, uninstall / remove the item called Asus Data Security Manager.

4. Once that is done, see if you can save word / excel now.

Thank you.

The program is being unstalled now
It says preparing to remove

OK, please let it remove. Thank you.

Ok, I need to restart, will I lose you

I've emailed you. Did you receive email messages from JustAnswer / Viet?

Ok, got it. Thanks for your patience, you did a good job no matter what happens.

You're welcome. Please restart the computer, then see if you can save in Word / Excel.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.

Hey, it worked. I was a little skeptical at first, because I am old and not real good with computers. Your site is bookmarked. Good service, thanks again, Zeb

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.