Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I tried to set up a new gmail account for my wife. I asked…

Customer Question
I tried to set...

I tried to set up a new gmail account for my wife. I asked for the address: mjs84765 and was told the name was not available.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?

My wife reminded me that we may have used that name a few years ago. When I tried to open the old name mjs84765 I was told the account did not exist.

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Desktop or tablet. never use my phone.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not been able to get past "does not exist"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Email
9/24/2017
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 11 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

On the Google account creation page: http://tinyurl.com/bqfnqob

On the second line, enter what you want the new account name to be.

The new account name must be new and unique.